INVITATION TO THE INUAGURAL EDITION OF THE SOUTHERN KADUNA ECONOMIC SUMMIT 2016 (SKES)
The inaugural edition of the Southern Kaduna Economic Summit 2016, is an initiative of Economic Renaissance Group (ERG), a non-profit public-private partnership platform. With the main objectives of; organizing seminars, workshops, enhancing dialogue, networking, policy formulation and consequently the implementation of the outcomes of all these initiatives, for the economic growth and development of Southern Kaduna and Kaduna State at large.
The Southern Economic Summit is a first of its kind and it is focused on the Southern Kaduna region. It is a platform for Kaduna’s business Leaders, Business community, Government and public officials. Also expected on the platform are; entrepreneurs, Industry leaders and innovators to dialogue and share insights on how best to successfully maneuver through the region’s challenges, identify best practices and opportunities for sustainable and inclusive economic growth – starting from Southern Kaduna.
Southern Kaduna Economic Summit, is aimed at fostering and facilitating the economic empowerment of Southern Kaduna across all economic spheres including transport, agriculture, SME’s, Entertainment, IT/Innovation, Fashion, Healthcare etc. This will be achieved through a series of dialogues, workshops and strategic partnerships between the Public and private sectors.
It’s a platform aimed at stimulating investment in a variety of sectors within the region by:-
• Facilitating dialogue between the sector and relevant private and public sector investment stakeholders.
• Providing access to high quality sector insight through research and documentation of sector trends and evidences.
• Acting as a think-tank for the development of a 10-year (2016 -2026) economic road map for the economic transformation of the Southern Kaduna region.
“Harnessing Southern Kaduna’s Natural Resources for Sustainable Economic Growth”.
Key Summit Focus:
1. Agricultural Revolution: the Pathway to Southern Kaduna’s Economic Revival.
2. Financing Business Opportunities in Southern Kaduna: The role of Community Banks, Development Banks, Private capital /Equity Investors.
3. Solid Minerals, Natural resources and their role in the development of Southern Kaduna.
Agriculture and Agribusiness Stakeholders, Investors- Bank of Agriculture, Bank of Industry , Entrepreneurs, Community Cooperatives, Members of the business community, Kaduna Chamber of Commerce, Commercial Banks, Community banks and financial Institutions, Local government Chairmen and officials, Traditional rulers and council members, Youth and women Organisations.
This is an opportunity to give registered participants a chance to develop, pitch their innovative Agric business ideas before a panel of judges/ investors. The best ideas will win a cash grant of between N100,000 to N500,000 towards their business idea.
INDICATORS OF GROW-2016.
• 20 Agro allied Companies to attend and participate in forum both local and beyond.
• 150 Participants
• 2 Kaduna based firms or entrepreneurs to access funding and/or grants
• Information sharing and exchange between the public and private sector about government policies, grants and incentives in the fields of Agriculture, Solid minerals and other industries in Kaduna State.
• Deepening cross-fertilisation of ideas between the public and private sectors with a view to fostering more PPP collaborations.
• Helping SME’s/enterprises to access funding to grow their businesses
• Increased investor understanding of sector value chain leading to smarter and increased investments that offer more return on investment.
SPECIAL GUESTS OF HONOUR
His Excellency, Mall. Nasir A. El-Rufai – Executive Governor, Kaduna State.
His Excellency, Arc. Barnabas Bala Bantex – Deputy Governor, Kaduna State.
Dr. Kayode Fayemi – Honorable Minister of Solid Minerals, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
DATE: 17th – 18th November, 2016.
TIME: 08:00am – 05:00 pm daily.
VENUE: Top Galaxy Hotel, Sabo Tasha, Kaduna. Kaduna State.
Kindly contact the undersigned for any further inquiries on sponsorship details and other information regarding the summit.
Audu Maikori (Chairman)
Tim Maiyaki (Secretary)
For: PLANNING Committee.