The closure of KASU Kafanchan campus and Kaduna state college of Education,Gidan waya the SOKAPU student wing condem such in totality and must not remain silent about. It is glaring even amist conflict zones such as maiduguri,Yobe and jos educational programmes and schools were running their programmes, is kaduna state and exception? What difference has it made with closure and does that closure bring to an end to the ethnic cleansing and organised crime? The followings are the implication of the closure off higher institutes of learning in the southern kaduna which includes;
1. To cripple the only surviving institutes of learning we have
2. To make abnoxious policies hidding under the influence of conflict to move such institutes to their area of interest.
3. To promote illiteracy amongs our youths to remain modern slaves as personal assistance, special advisers, commisioners only as a sign of compensation towards their dogged effort in bringing them to power.
4. To lessen developmental blueprints of such regions.
5. To relegate youths not to be expose or express their opinion.
The government of the day have taken side and have express their lack of satisfaction of such institutes in existance, it os crystal clear when a proposed state university of technology was awarded in kaduna south, within a short while because it was proposed was not in the area of interest.
1. We demand for immediate reopenning of the Kaduna state University Kafanchan Campus and K.S.C.O.E Gidan Waya
2. We demand for renovation of delapitated kaduna state college of education Gidan Waya
3. Heavy security should be provided within affected higher institutes of learning in southern Kaduna.
4. Effeftive and efficient infrastructural learning facilities should be properly provided.
The student union body devoid of partisan politics neither influenced by anybody to caused chaos or conflict but tends to criticize obnoxious policies that does not suits the development of our people. We are ready to partner with government and it policies regarding our people to enhance development.
We condem the closure of the kaduna state unoversity kafanchan campus and kaduna state college of education Gidan Waya in totality and we say no mass illiteracy in southern kaduna and it environs
Sokapu Student Wing
Cmr. Magaji Tingong. Z